Tuesday, November 1, 2016

THANKFUL

I'm thankful for many things....too many things to list in this week's blog. I find it is important to stay grounded and remind yourself of what you appreciate from time to time. If you don't, all of the negativity and drama in the world can really smack you around!

First and foremost, I'm thankful for my family. My wife and four kids mean the world to me and their safety and health are what I pray for the most. My parents, Mammy, aunts, uncles, and cousins are doing well and for that I am grateful. My in-laws and extended family are healthy and active and that is comforting.

I'm thankful to be an American. For sure, we have numerous things we need to improve as a nation but we're still an amazing country with boundless opportunities all around us.

I'm thankful to be a York Duke. This community and school system have become a big part of who I am. This is our 8th year here and I wouldn't trade those years for anywhere else.

I'm thankful to have numerous friends across the country. I don't get to see them nearly as often as I would like but texts, phone calls, and emails help keep us connected.

I'm thankful for the brave men and women, active and retired, of our armed forces. Their selflessness and courage are truly awe-inspiring.

I'm thankful for medical professionals like doctors, nurses, and anesthesiologists. They perform high level procedures and checkups each day that I couldn't do for all of the tea in China.

I'm thankful for farmers. They feed the world often surrounded by the uncertainty of grain prices, input/output expenses, weather, and so much more.

I'm thankful for teachers and school support staff. Working in education isn't a "job." It is a "passion." There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a teacher with that "special it" working with students. They can help improve the world!

I'm thankful to be alive and to be part of this historic time in the world. Yes, there are many scary things going on as 2016 hits the home stretch but there are also amazing things going on as well. We need to be able to rationalize both ends of the spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment