Tuesday, February 16, 2016

"Talk Doesn't Cook Rice" = "All Hat and No Cattle"

Just some random thoughts on leadership and those that talk too much and deliver too little...

Quite simply, you can’t lead people that don’t trust you. It doesn’t matter how much you know, how good looking you are, how much money you’re worth, or where you come from…..if people don’t trust you, you won’t be their leader. I’ve had a lot of people over the years ask me how you earn trust. It’s simple and it takes time. You earn trust by doing what you say you’re going to do.

There are way too many people that talk a good game. They can be impressive with their words and what they say they’ve done and are going to do. “Talk” is cheap. Results are not. Throughout my 43+ years on Earth, I have grown to despise the big talkers. I’ve found those that talk the most do the least. Give me the person that doesn’t talk about how good they are or how important they are. Give me people that run more than their mouth.

Some would say these big talkers are "all hat and no cattle." Where I come from, this means they want to talk and act like a cowboy without actually being one.

Talking is the easy part, delivering results is not. My hat is off to all the people that deliver more than they talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment