Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Class of 2016

The YHS Class of 2016 is down to their final few days at good 'ol York High. It's been a pleasure to watch them mature and grow over the past seven years. When I came to town, they were just entering 6th grade. I've been lucky to see them turn into wonderful young adults that we're proud to celebrate.

The Class of 2016 has been wildly successful in the classroom as well as in school activities. It will be exciting to see what they go on and do in the "real world." They are certainly set up for success.

One of the great parts about my job is that I get to know a lot of the families of our students as well and we have some tremendous ones within this class. It's a diverse class full of lots of different characters but they seem to get along well and take care of each other for the most part.

I hope they know how much we care about them and how excited we are for their bright futures. I hope they know they are "Forever a Duke" and part of a strong tradition and legacy at YHS. I hope they know they are welcome to come back any time and let us know how they're doing.

I hope they know they will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment