Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I Love Being a York Duke

Well, it's 4:35 AM and I can't sleep. That happens sometimes when you're a stupid-intendent. Lots of things on my mind like early childhood expansion, course offerings, school improvement, our transportation fleet, electric pencil sharpeners (I know I'm weird),the Affordable Care Act, and more.

Even when sleepless nights like this occur, I love my job. I love being a York Duke. I'm committed to the York Dukes. I don't want to be anywhere else. I am proud and thankful to be a York Duke. This place feels like home. It just does.

There are tons of superintendents out there that are much smarter than me, that are much better instructional leaders, that are better with school finance, that are better with public relations, and that are just plain better. However, it is impossible for another superintendent out there to love their school district more than I love mine. It's just physically impossible. The York Dukes are in my heart. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't get them out. I'm committed to York, re-committed to York, and love being here.

This is my 7th year in York. My daughters have graduated as Dukes and God willing, my 9th and 7th grade sons will as well. York is special. I'm committed and re-committed to working harder than ever to help make it even more special. We have tremendous students and a talented and dedicated staff. Our parental and community support is top-notch. There is no reason why we can't continue our ascension into the upper echelon of districts in Nebraska.

I am so proud of our decorated history and traditions but make no mistake...our best is yet to come....we should be even more excited about our future.

There is no better place to be than York, Nebraska! There is no better time to be a York Duke.

Let's ride!



2 comments:

  1. This brought a tear to my eye. Mike....we are so grateful for your family and your leadership in our district! You make us all proud to be a York Duke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog, Mike! YOU are the best supt in the state and we are the ones who are blessed. Just look what you have done here! Look how far we have come under your leadership! Don't sell yourself short, we are a great district because of people like you who love the York Dukes and are committed to being the best. Thank you for all you do to make us the very best in the state! Proud to be a York Duke!

    ReplyDelete