Tuesday, January 31, 2012

10 Months - Tony Howe

Yesterday was the funeral for a wonderful man named Tony Howe. I only knew him for 10 months but in that short time he left a lasting impression on me. We coached little league baseball and basketball together and I considered him a "great friend" even though we never ate a meal together or did anything of a social nature.

Tony made everyone feel like they were a great friend. He made everyone feel important. He was the best father I've ever seen and he has inspired me to try and become a better father myself.

Tony was a "giver" and he gave his time, talents, and heart to anyone that he could.

I write about this today so that we can all be a little more like Tony. So that we can all be more of a "giver" than we are. So we can all positively impact others.

We all need to cherish each day.

A year ago today I didn't know who Tony Howe was. Today I am a better person for having known him.

My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment