Monday, December 13, 2010

Great Students in this "Kid Business"

Most school administrators and teachers often catch themselves saying they're in the "kid business" and "we need to do what is best for kids."  I totally agree on both fronts.  I'm so proud of the wonderful students we have here in York.  Just today I was lucky enough to serve as a "portfolio judge" for Ms. Holder's English Rhetoric class.  I was able to interview three talented seniors about their portfolio, how they put it together, what they learned, etc.  I then was able to serve as a "pinata judge" in Mr. Haack's Spanish class.  It was great to see the language skills the students are working on, not to mention their artistic abilities with the pinatas.

There are plenty of "challenging days" as a school employee.  However, when we can stay focused on the wonderful and talented young people we get to work with, things get put back in perspective rather quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment