Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christmas Joy

Even though the weather is beautiful and might reach 60 degrees today, you can tell Christmas is closing in on us. The excitement is building. Family plans are being finalized. Joy is in the air.

I love Christmas as much as anyone. I love the music. I love the decorative lights. I love the family gatherings.

One thing I've learned over the years, however, is that Christmas isn't fantastic for everyone like I wish it was. Too many children don't get to play games with grandparents on Christmas Eve or wake up to an abundance of gifts under the tree. Too many children dread Christmas because it's another reminder of the hardships they and their families are dealing with.

My heart goes out to these children every year. Each December, some friends and I do our best to make Christmas a little better for 10-15 kids and that to me is the best part of Christmas. It's not what you get....it's what you give.

As you finalize Christmas plans, please be extremely thankful for all you have because there are many, many people that would change places with you in a heartbeat.

Enjoy the Christmas Season!

Go Dukes!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding us that Christmas is truly about giving and not receiving! I'm with you.......it feels much better to give and spread joy! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding us that Christmas is truly about giving and not receiving! I'm with you.......it feels much better to give and spread joy! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete