Monday, June 22, 2015

Just Thankful....Nothing More....

I enjoy blogging three to four times a month but sometimes struggle with content ideas. It is especially difficult in June and July to come up with things I want to share. So today, my message is simple. I'm THANKFUL for what I have. My family means the world to me and I'm thankful that my wife and children are my best friends. I'm thankful for their health and happiness and pray for continued opportunities for them. I'm thankful for my parents and siblings and extended family members as well.

I'm thankful for the students, staff, parents, and board of education of YPS. This is a special place and it is extremely gratifying to be a part of the York Duke Family. I'm thankful to live in a great place like York. We're safe. We have outstanding services and recreation opportunities. We have great businesses. We have an awesome location.

I'm thankful to be an American. Yes, our country has some problems but there's no better place in the universe than the United States of America. I'm thankful for our freedom and the brave men and women that have, and continue, to protect it.

Yes, some days stink. Yes, some people get on your nerves. Yes, this job provides a lot of stress. Yes, I get tired of "drama" and "rumors." However, when you look at the big picture, there's a lot more to be thankful about than upset about.

I choose to be thankful.

Go Dukes!

No comments:

Post a Comment