Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Another Year is Done

The 2014-15 school year is officially done today. This past school year has been full of ups and downs, smiles and tears, and tragedies and triumphs. I will remember fondly the Class of 2015 and all of the great things they achieved. I'm excited for the Class of 2016 and beyond as well. Our school system has tremendous kids, dedicated and talented staff, and supportive parents and community.

One of the best things about working in education is the fact you get to compartmentalize when you want to. Each quarter can be a brand new beginning for you if you want. Each semester is an opportunity to re-invent yourself. Obviously, each school year is another chance to start over. I always find myself limping to 'the finish line' each May. It is a grind that wears you out physically, mentally, and emotionally.

My compartmentalization begins each June 1st. That's the day that the "new year" begins in my mind. I will spend some time reflecting on the past year but most of my efforts will turn to the upcoming school year. This June will be no different. August will be here before we know it so it is time to re-charge the personal batteries, make some strategic improvements, and prepare for a phenomenal 2015-16.

GO DUKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment