Thursday, January 24, 2013

Remembering Tony Howe

January 25, 2012 was a VERY sad day for many folks in/around York. The best father I've ever seen was killed in a car accident that evening leaving behind his wife and three sons under the age of 10. Tony Howe was a tremendous volunteer, father, husband, and community member. He had a huge heart and would do anything for anyone.

He was a dedicated youth coach, a TeamMate mentor, and all-around dependable person that was willing/able to do whatever needed to be done to help someone out. It's hard to believe that it has already been a year.

Just being around Tony made me want to be a better dad. He always had a way of making you smile and feel good. I still think of him quite often. I only knew him for about 21 months but he made a tremendous impact on me in that short time.

My heart still aches for Steph and the boys. They're doing a great job of staying involved with school, church, and youth activities but they continue to need our support.

Hug the ones you love and never take things for granted. One day Tony was hugging his kids, goofing around like a big ol' kid himself, and the next day he was gone. Life is too short.

I miss you Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment