Tuesday, March 1, 2016

NEBRASKA - A Great Place to Live and Raise a Family

NEBRASKA became a state 149 years ago today. Even though I'm not a native son of this awesome state, I've grown to love it and appreciate it more and more every year!

I grew up in Florida and will always be proud of the Sunshine State because it's a wonderful place to visit and will always be "home" to me because all of my family lives there. However, there is NO PLACE I would rather live, work, and raise a family other than NEBRASKA. I've lived in this amazing state since July 2000 and I can tell you that the Cornhusker State is very much under-appreciated around the nation.

Nebraskans, for the most part, are genuinely kind people. They support others. They welcome strangers. They volunteer. They have a lot of pride in their communities and state as a whole. Nebraskans make a positive difference!

I love Omaha and all it has to offer. Lincoln is great too. However, what I truly love about Nebraska are the small towns. We lived in West Point from 2000-2003 and loved the beauty and serenity of it and gained an appreciation for the importance of feed lots full of cattle! We spent 2003-2009 in Franklin in the south central part of the state and got to learn about dry-land farming, dealing with droughts, and a town's desire to keep Main Street alive. I even got to be on back-to-back Franklin County Pig Wrestling Championship Teams! Now, that's the GOOD LIFE.

Living in York for almost 7 years brings the best of both worlds together. We're close enough to zip into Lincoln any time we want BUT we have so many awesome shops, services, and stores here in town that we're pretty self-sufficient. York is amazing because of its support of young people. We seem to be getting better each year too!

Please take a second and reflect on all the great things we appreciate here in Nebraska. It truly is a special place full of lots of special people!








No comments:

Post a Comment